Monday, February 8, 2010

Terroir SF

So, I emailed Alice Feiring the other day to ask for suggestions of some interesting wine. (As some of you know, I'm a big fan of asking experts for suggestions. Alice suggested some great champagnes for me, so I asked again.) Making it easy for her, wasn't I? I did specify red!

Alice put together a shopping list for me from Terroir, a place that I had strangely not been to before. There is really no excuse for that as it is full of wines that I generally enjoy. It is an interesting space with a small tasting bar and a small seating area in a loft. Bottles are displayed on the walls and I should have spent some time looking, but Cory (@saignee) was doing a great job of both filling my glass and making suggestions that I left that for my next visit. I will be back soon.

So based on Alice's list and suggestions, I came home with 5 wines from Terroir and two more from Bi-rite because, well, there was a parking space in front and I really like their meatball sandwich. Despite not shopping at Kermit Lynch this time, I seem to have ended up with wines either from them or from Louis/Dressner.

This is the haul:

http://louisdressner.com/Tavijni/ Ruche 2007
2008 Domaine de La Tournelle L'Uva Arbosiana
2006 Occhipinti Nero D'Avola
Ko Vin de Table Rose
2007 Jean Foillard Morgon Cote du Py
2008 Domaine de Belliviere Rouge-Gorge Coteaux du Loir
2008 Terres Doress Beaujolais from Jean-Paul Brun

My first wine to try was the Ruche, because I had never had one before. I'm really enjoying this wine. It is very fruity with lost of berries on the nose, but in the mouth has spice and acid for balance. Alice suggested that the finish is a bit short, and although that may be true, it does not take away from my pleasure of a new grape. I may have to seek out some more. Suggestions welcome! Thoughts on which to open next?

No comments:

Post a Comment