Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Tuesdays with Dorie with K: Apple Kuchen

 Or in this case, without K as we are in the middle of the high school search process. This is the sort of sweet that I prefer: lots of fruit, with a buttery crust. I pretty much stayed with the recipe, though subbed some quince for apple, as I had some on hand. Plus, quince adds a fun flavor. I also used dried cherries, leftover from an earlier Tuesdays with Dorie project.

The verdict: I'll make this again, preferably on a day that the temperature does not hit 96 in San Francisco. With, of course, no air conditioning. 


7 comments:

  1. yum--I love quince! it's been in the 70s finally in NYC this week, but I know exactly what you mean about 90s and no A/C....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are super brave for making this in such a hot environment! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are super brave for making this in such a hot environment! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice with the quince. I like to taste that. Good luck with the high-school search!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been hot and humid forever, it seems, here in the Deep South. Your kuchen turned out quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quince and dried cherries - sounds like a lovely substitution! We had such a hot summer in Vancouver. I've been so enjoying having some cooler, damper weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, I always thought SF was one of the chilliest places, especially in summer.
    It's hard to think it is in the 90's. Adding Quince sounds like a wonderful idea,
    my Mom cooked with them many years ago and they were delicious.

    ReplyDelete